Rose's Rosewater Cupcakes
(this makes @20 cupcakes)
Rosewater Buttercream Icing
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 3/4 cups cake flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 4 egg whites
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup canola oil or vegetable oil
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp rosewater
- 2/3 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together cake flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the sugar and stir until well combined.
- Add butter and mix with mixer on medium-low speed for three minutes. It will be a fine crumb texture.
- In another bowl, whisk together egg whites and then add sour cream, oil, rosewater and vanilla extract and stir until smooth.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and beat on medium speed until just combined.
- Slowly add milk and mix on low speed until just combined. The batter will be pretty runny.
- Fill cupcake liners just over 1/2 full.
- Bake for 14 minutes. They are done when a toothpick comes out clean--the cupcakes shouldn't be golden brown.
- Cool on a rack while you make the rosewater butter cream icing
- 1 stick butter
- 3 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 3 Tbsp Milk
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. rosewater
Beat all of the ingredients together for several minutes. Ice cupcakes and top with a berry. Enjoy!!