The day of the party, I had a blast desecrating . . I mean decorating my dining room for the ultimate goth tea party. My decorations came from the craft and party store: plastic spiders, spider webs, fabric, balloons. I mixed in antique china and silver so it would feel just like granny's attic (a thrift store is a great place for mismatched plates and teacups--especially if you're worried about your wedding china getting broken!).


My dining room--pink and black and totally spooky!

Spiders crawling in my chandelier!
Dead roses and spider webs cover an antique silver service.

Okay, so I actually own sterling silver sporks!
I added some lacy napkins and teacups from the thrift store.
I found white balloons with spider webs at an online party site!


GUESTS ARRIVE!!

The first thing we did when everyone arrived was get dressed up in party clothes! They could be pink and sparkly or creepy and goth. OR moms can instruct party guests on the  invitation to come dressed as their favorite character from PUZZLED BY PINK.
I wish we'd invited a little boy to come dressed as Fletcher!



STORYTIME!!


Next, I read PUZZLED BY PINK to the party guests so they would understand the context of the party.


What a precious group of girls!!!

Click on the links at the top right of this page for lots of fun party activities!!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, it looks like a fun party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was truly an amazing Goth tea party. I liked decorations especially. Truly you had put great efforts to make your girl happy. My daughter is also demanding an outdoor fairy party on her upcoming birthday. We are looking for a party venue NYC as well as fairy decoration ideas.

    ReplyDelete